Fire Investigation Level 1/2
This is a 6 day course based on the IFSTA Fire Investigator Curriculum. There will be a requirement for students to prepare two separate investigation reports. If students have access to a laptop computer and a digital camera, these would definately be useful resourses. Fire Investigation meets the requirements of NFPA 1033.
• Active member of a Fire department within Nunavut.
• Must be 18 years of age and physically and mentally capable of performing the functions of a fire investigator.
• Firefighter Level I (Nunavut OFM) perferred
• Successful completion of Incident Command or Fire Officer courses would be a benefit
• Due to the academic nature of this course, Grade X English comprehension level is suggested
This course meets the requirements of NFPA 1033 Level 1 but is not Certified by IFSAC.
BUNKER GEAR OR COVERALLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THE INVESTIGATION SEGMENT.
Please bring your photo identification.
No classes currently scheduled for this course